0

Not a road cyclist

Once upon a time, I was over-eager girlfriend who wanted to impress my very athletic boyfriend with my willingness to try new things. Then boyfriend-now husband is an avid road cyclist. I bought a road bike. Prior to that, I had mountain biked and even owned a mountain bike. I foolishly thought that the transition between the two types of cycling would be no big deal. Um... yeah. I was wrong about that BIG TIME. Between the aggressive body positioning, the speed of the bike, driver hatred of cyclists and general clumsiness, I quickly realized that this was not for me.

Flash-forward 4 years. Amazing road bike sits in our living room. Because I spent so much money buying it, I felt guilty about getting rid of it. I keep thinking maybe, just maybe I'll come back to it. Meanwhile, Rob has been maintaining it and secretly hoping that I'll try again. No such luck. I hate to admit defeat, but I have finally come to my senses. I'm selling the bike. Someone else can get better use of it and we can get some space back in our living room.

So, if anyone has a friend that wants to move from doing just spin classes to riding outside or someone who is just getting into triathlons, please pass along the info for my bike. I know this a shameless plug, but it's my blog and this is as good a method as any to put it out there that I'm trying to sell my bike.

Here are some pretty photos of my bike.

2004 Giant OCR 3 Women's Road Bike - XS- SOLD!!
DSC_0904

DSC_0905

Here's all the technical info on the bike.
  • Light blue Women's XS size frame - 43cm
  • upgraded saddle - Body Geometry by Specialized
  • frame Extra-light ALUXX butted aluminum, Compact Road Design, Integrated Forged Headtube
  • fork Aluminum Tapered, 1 1/8"
  • derailleur Front: Shimano Sora, Rear: Shimano Sora
  • derailleurshifters Shimano Sora,STI, 8 speed
  • cranks TruVativ Touro, 30/42/52T
  • pedals Steel w/resin body
  • handlebar Alloy anatomic
  • stem Giant adjustable, alloy A-head
  • headset Integrated 1 1/8"
  • brakes Tektro Dual Pivot
  • levers Shimano Sora
  • seatpost Alloy micro adjust, 27.2
  • rims Alex, 32H, doublewall, black
  • hubs Alloy 32H, QR, cassette
  • tires Michelin Dynamic, 700x 25c
  • cassette SRAM PG850 12- 26T, 8 speed
  • spokes Stainless Steel, 14G
If anyone is interested, email me for price.

BTW, I did list it through Craigslist. I just want to cover all my bases;)

0 more coherent thought(s):

Post a Comment