4

A Low-key Valentine

IMGP0157

Please excuse the cheesy greeting above. Rob snapped that photo of Dottie earlier today and I couldn't resist putting a goofy thought bubble in it.

It's a Recessionista's Valentine Celebration. To be practical, we made dinner at home and watched DVDs in lieu of going out. No fanfare, No gifts. Rob made a pre-Valentine dinner. (Friday Night). Here's what Rob made...
DSC_2623
Negimaki filled with Red Bell Pepper and Baby Asparagus
served with Vegetable Gyozas and Brown Rice

I made tonight's dinner. I cannot bake to save my life, but I can actually cook. I just don't choose to cook most of the time. {If you had a husband that could cook like mine, would you cook?} Here's what I made.
DSC_2624
Herb-Crusted Broiled Salmon served with
Wilted Spinach Salad with Oven-roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Chickpeas

Geez... We are becoming a fat, boring married couple. Hope your Valentine's Day was fun.

4 more coherent thought(s):

Mrs. Masters said...

I'm sure your dinner was better than most restaurants on Valentines Day. It certainly looks delicious!

Aileen said...

Cooking dinner at home is way more romantic than sitting in some crowded restaurant. Food looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Serio! With a hubby like that, I would want to stay in too!

The Less Than Domestic Goddess said...

Ummm, both dinners look AMAZING! Wow, I'm so impressed. We switched it up this Valentine's Day, too. Instead of our normal "let's have a fancy dinner and thrown down too much money" V-day, we opted for a quiet evening at home with a few small gifts. I really loved it. If that is a sign we are old farts, oh well! :)

Post a Comment