0

22.2 miles

If I took a direct route from my house to my office, it would be exactly 22.2 miles. On a good day, it would take me 20 minutes to cover that distance. I previously worked 5AM to 2PM, which allowed me to cover that distance in about 20-45 minutes. It wasn't horrific. It was livable.

Last month, I was offered a new position with my company. With it came a schedule change.
I was set to work from 9-5. I was ecstatic. I get to sleep in! Ha! I was oh so very wrong. My dear sweet husband reminded me that I would be commuting at the same time as a majority of L.A. No biggie, right? I'll just take surface streets.

A month later, it takes me 1 hr. 45 min. to get to work. I've tried different routes, leaving early, and avoiding major freeways. All I am left with is the urge to sit and scream in my car. I now know for a fact that my car has great soundproofing. When I have my daily primal scream, no one in any of the cars adjacent to mine look over. I suspect it's because they are all screaming internally. To add insult to injury, I got reprimanded at work for my tardiness. I would cry, but that would just make me even later for work. There has got to be a solution!

0 more coherent thought(s):

Post a Comment