0

20, 15, 10, 5....

Someone sent this to me on myspace ... In my continuing efforts to be a better blogger, I thought I would post my answers here....
20 Years ago....
  • I was in the 6th grade at St. Gregory the Great Catholic School in Virginia Beach, VA.
  • I got my 1st training bra...(Late bloomer!).
  • Convinced my mom to let me pick out my own clothes... Up until that point, my mom insisted on outfitting me with lots of pink and lace. To this day, I can barely wear either.
  • Went on one of my first outtings with girlfriends... We went to see "Three Men & a Baby".
  • My best friends were Myra Martin & Rosamia Cuartelon.
  • Got my 1st Sport walkman. Fell in love with music.
  • Had my 1st crush on a boy... although, boys wouldn't notice my existence for several years...hahahaha...

15 Years ago....
  • I was a Junior at Salem High School in Virginia Beach, VA
  • Began what appears to be a lifelong habit of grossly overbooking myself. I was an Student Athletic Trainer, Junior Class Historian, Photographer for School Newspaper & Literary Magazine, Member of the Forensics Team, etc, etc...
  • Was obsessed with getting a date to Ring Dance. This lead to a huge debacle where I had 7 different dates and didn't end up going with a single one... I asked two people. I get setup twice. My parents set me up.. It was a disaster. I bought tickets and ended up staying home & watching videos with my best friend.
  • My best friend was Charlene Dimalanta, who lived two houses down.
  • I got into Photography. My dad gave me my 1st SLR. I've been hooked ever since.

10 Years ago....
  • I decided to take a break from college. I had just finished a year at Savannah College of Art & Design.
  • I was a Customer Relations Representative for Canon Computer Systems. In other words, I was a tech support geek. I answered questions about Bubblejet printers and replied to company hate mail.
  • I discovered the Outdoors. I went skiing and climbing for the 1st time.
  • I was dating someone whom I thought I was going to marry... Thank God! That didn't work out...I'm sure I'd be divorced by now.
  • Got my upper ear lobe pierced.
  • Went of my 1st extended trip to California with my family. It was a whirlwind trip where we spent 12 days seeing as much as we possibly could see. We went from San Francisco to Orange County.

5 Years ago....
  • I was back in school at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA.
  • I was working as a waitress at Chili's Bar & Grill and as a Graphic Artist at Ridgway's Reprographic. I was paying my way through school.
  • The stress of trying to balance school, work and a very poor relationship with my family drove me into depression. I was suicidal and had it not been for a very good friend's intervention I'm not sure if I'd still be here.
  • I realized that my life and my career were going nowhere in Virginia. I decided to move out-of-state. My first choice was Atlanta, GA. I eventually decided to move to California.
  • I was the owner of Chihuahua that was affectionately called "The Chewha".
  • I rented a rundown carpetless condo with my best friend, Cicely Walker. It was an time that we both refer to as the Argo Court Experience.

3 Years ago....
  • I was struggling through my 1st year in Los Angeles. I was trying to find my way around town without getting lost or getting stuck in traffic.
  • I was working at MediaGraphics/Total Litho as Production Artist. It was my first REAL job in California.
  • I met Rob at Trader Joe's. He invited me for coffee... and the rest is history... I wish I had known I'd be stuck with him! j/k!
  • My nephew Ethan Christian was born. He's been giving his big brother Franky a hard time ever since...

Last year....
  • I went to Jamaica for the 1st time. It was the 1st Vacation out-of-the-county I've ever taken with a significant other.
  • I got engaged. It was not the uber-romantic proposal I had always dreamed of, but I know he meant it. He had always thought of himself as the non-marrying type... that is until he met me....
  • My 1995 Civic Hatchback was stolen from in front of my house.
  • My entire collection of cameras was stolen.
  • I was diagnosed with a Thyroid problem. I gained 20lbs. because of it! Most of which I'm still trying to lose.
  • Bought my first brand new car. I got a 2006 Civic Si Coupe.
  • I brought Rob to Virginia for our first Thanksgiving with my family.
  • My cousin Alexis had her first baby, Alena Elizabeth.
This year....
  • I plan to go vacation by myself or with a girlfriend. I need some female bonding time!
  • My Grandma turns 100. We're having a family reunion in her honor.
  • We plan to get married. Where or when is still up in the air. Whatever we decide it will definitely be something small. We tried planning the a more formal affair and it just wasn't our style.
  • I will finally get around to building my own website showcasing my designs.
  • I'm leaving the rest open to being spontaneous....
Yesterday....
  • I worked a 14 hour day and missed my opportunity to take Dottie out for a walk.
Last night....
  • I was so tired that I went to bed without having dinner:(
Today....
  • I need to finish filing my taxes!
  • I want more sleep
Tomorrow....
  • I will finish a design project for my mom.
Next year....
  • I haven't thought that far ahead.... I'm so wrapped up with what's going on right now....
5-10 Years from Now....
  • I'd like to own my own home.....
  • I'd like to be my own boss... have a design business.

0 more coherent thought(s):

Post a Comment