0

Texas, Here I come!


My best friend moved to Texas a month ago & invited me to visit. She enticed me with shopping, museum-hopping, and all kind of girly fun. Who was I to say "no"?

Besides, I'm overdue for a little R& R. I love traveling. I hadn't been to Texas since I was 8. I'm not sure what to expect. Thus far, she's not terribly fond of it. She says its hot and people talk too slow. This should be interesting....

Here's some tidbits about Houston:
  • Houston is the largest city in the state of Texas and the fourth-largest in the United States
  • Houston was founded on August 30, 1836 by brothers Augustus Chapman Allen and John Kirby Allen on land near the banks of Buffalo Bayou.
  • The city was incorporated on June 5, 1837 and named after General Sam Houston, commander at the Battle of San Jacinto.
  • Houston's economy has a broad industrial base in the energy, aeronautics, and technology industries
  • Houston is very racially diverse. It is comprised of the following:
    * 42% Anglo
    * 33% Hispanic
    * 18% Black
    * 7% Asian/Other
  • Houston averages only 18.0 days per year with temperatures of 32oF or less and 99.6 days with high temperatures of 90oF or more. Temperatures rarely reach 100oF.
  • Distance from Los Angeles, California to Houston, Texas: 1380 miles (2221 km)
Info courtesy of VisitHoustonTexas.com


0 more coherent thought(s):

Post a Comment