1

Happy 2009!


I love New Year's celebrations. {I'll recap our New Year's in a separate post}. Like many people, I've made some resolutions. Before I get to that, let's see how I fared with last year's checklist.

2008 Checklist
  1. Replace my stolen digital SLR camera.
  2. Do more freelance invitation design. Possibly launch my own website.
  3. Setup an actual emergency fund
  4. Add another stamp (or two) to my passport.
  5. Take my Civic out for a roadtrip
  6. Go on a Girls’ Trip
  7. Do a boudoir photo shoot.
  8. Train & participate in a 5K.
  9. Volunteer for a non-profit organization.
  10. Get back into Outdoor sports, i.e. Rock Climbing, Kayaking, et al
So, I'm 5 for 10. Not fabulous results. The first two things on my list took over my life and last year was a bit tougher than average. I made many leaps forward, but also suffered quite a few setbacks. Obviously the 6 things that I didn't accomplish last year get rolled over to this year.
Here is this year's addendum:
  1. Reconnect with my more spiritual side.
    What does this mean? I'll elaborate once I really figure that out.
  2. Take some college classes
    I have a degree, but I feel as though it would hurt to go back to school and widen my knowledge base. Whether it's business or art courses, a little knowledge never hurt.

  3. Redecorate our Pied a Terre.
    Yes, I've posted wishlists and a few small projects. However, our place is in dire need of some refreshing. We've lived here for 3 years and some changes need to be made. As much as we'd like to move, I don't think we'll be doing that anytime soon.

  4. Better appreciate the locale in which I live.
    The blog is named Anne K. in L.A., but Rob contends that I still haven't fully appreciated L.A. for all it's splendor. So, I plan to make a few excursions as a tourist in my own town.

  5. Updated 1/5/09
    MOVE OUT OF LOS ANGELES.

    I've started to find that L.A. is really not the place for us. Where we will go has yet to be determined. We're open to suggestions.

    There's my list. Here's to the optimisim of a New Year.

1 more coherent thought(s):

Kani said...

5. Move out of Los Angeles
It's on my list too.

Post a Comment