0

Nate's Escape

July 21-30, 2009

Despite our 9 year age gap, my brother Nate and I are fairly close. He comes out to Southern California to visit me and our family in Orange County. Typically, he comes to visit 2-3 times a year. Because of other family obligations, he hadn't come out to visit in over a year. As such, there was A LOT of things he wanted to do and see once he made it out here.

There was a lot of shopping... although Nate did most of the buying. We discovered that shopping at mid-day, midweek in L.A. is the way to go. In four hours, we were all over town.

Map of the places we visited

On the first day, we went to Undefeated, Union, Supreme, Stussy, Hundreds, Diamond Supply, Huf, Active, and Neo39. In other words, we went to the hottest sneaker shops in L.A.

On his 2nd day in town, we went the Agenda Tradeshow.

DSC_5475

DSC_5467

DSC_5465

DSC_5471

DSC_5468

DSC_5473

Of course, we spent lots of time with family. After the tradeshow, we went to visit Jasmine and Baby K-lynn (Nate's nickname for Brooklyn)

DSC_5494

DSC_5495

Nate spent the rest of the weekend with our family in Orange County. I had some quality time with Rob.

I picked up Nate from our relatives' house in O.C. We ended up having a all-night gabfest, my aunt and uncle included. Once we got back to L.A., we did a little more last minute shopping. Again, Nate did most of the buying.

DSC_5502

DSC_5500

DSC_5503

We had a family dinner at one of Nate's favorite places. Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles.

DSC_5526

DSC_5520
Janine & her boyfriend Joe

DSC_5522
Nate & Jasmine

DSC_5521
Jovan & Bella

DSC_5523
Rob models his "Sunset" - half fruit punch, half lemonade

Once it was all said and done, I need a vacation from my lil' bro's vacation. Although, I didn't mind. When I'm in VA again, I plan to order Nate around;)

0 more coherent thought(s):

Post a Comment