0

I love my job?

Perhaps, the above comic strip is a bit extreme. Although, I can't say that work is "fine". I took a position change with the company in December. At the time I thought it was a good idea. I thought it would be a welcome change. I've always been an advocate of shaking things up a bit. It started off well enough. Our workload was slow. I was able to blog, read blogs, etc. In other words, fool around with my computer most of the day. It was really quite lovely. Aside from my previously mentioned traffic frustrations, I was really liking the new position.

Of course that all came to a grinding halt 2.5 weeks ago. Now, I feel like I'm trapped on a runaway train. With my line of work, it's either feast or famine. We are definitely in feast mode.

My day is non-stop. I'm up at 7AM. I shower, get dressed and am out the door. If I'm lucky I'm out the door by 7:30. Most days, I'm in my car and on the road by 7:45. Should the gods of traffic decide to smile upon me, I make it in to work by 9AM. From the time I clock in, I'm caught up in a flurry of answering phone calls, sending emails, and keeping track of a particular sales rep. Keeping track of said sales rep is no easy task. Frankly, I am in awe of my supervisor S who manages to do it and make it look easy. My day typically ends with a mad dash to Fedex. If not for the Fedex staff that knows me and simply takes my packages, I swear I'm libel to really do something I might later regret.

The last couple of days have been really rough. I've had to return to the office after my Fedex run to help with the extra workload. After all this, I make it home at 7:30-8PM.

It's weeks like these that really make me wonder why I decided to be a career woman. I could be a cute stay-at-home wife. Then I remember, I can't cook to save my life or stand to be at home all day... I guess I'll have to just continue to being a slave to the man. Let's hope next week goes a LOT better.

0 more coherent thought(s):

Post a Comment