1

100 and 1 degree!

I got up bright and early for my cousin Jasmine's graduation. I was told the ceremony started at 8AM. In order to get to the university at a relatively decent time, I had to get up at 6AM. This is a huge feat because I have really become accustomed to my lady of leisure status. These days 9 o'clock is early. Because I am supportive Cousin Anne, I got ready and hauled myself out to Fullerton.

I found out once I got there that I probably could have gotten a few more Zzzz. Jasmine wasn't scheduled to walk across a stage until 10AM. Oh well. I took the time to catch up with my other cousins Janine & Jovan. It was miserably hot. At peak, it was about 100 degrees with minimal shade.
Some people brought umbrellas for shade. I wish I had.


While others got REALLY creative and made their own hats


After baking in the sun for a few hours, Jasmine finally walked across the stage and was acknowledged for her undergraduate degree in psychology.


Jasmine graduated cum laude with a Bachelor's of Art degree in Psychology.

Jasmine with her proud parents - my Uncle Bo & Aunt Jean

Fred (Jasmine's friend) & Jasmine


Group Photo with the very hot & tired grad.
(L-R) Aunt Jean, Me, Jasmine, Janine, Jovan, Bella, and Fred

After it was all said and done, this is what I had to show for it.
SUNBURN! I had to take a picture of this because I only burn once every 15 years. I am usually fanatical about sunblock. For those who have outdoor graduations to attend, don forget the sunblock!

1 more coherent thought(s):

Anonymous said...

You are good cousin!! We sat under the tent for bro's graduation, which meant we were 10000 miles away and could only see him on the Jumbo-tron, but it was worth it. I would have melted in that sun yesterday!!

Post a Comment