0

A design challenge

This is Michael & Frances.Photo by Louis Palos

Frances is another person I have met through the knot, where she is known as PinkCheese. She contacted me a few weeks ago to design her invites. She had initially planned to DIY her invites and purchased all the materials to create them. However, after careful consideration she decided that it was more work than she had time for. At present, she is juggling a full-time job and graduate school.

This turned out to be a challenging project. Not because my client was difficult, but because I inadvertently put too much pressure on myself. Frances had provided me a blueprint of how she would like her invites assembled. This should have made the job a piece of cake, but in a twisted way ended up being more difficult. I ran into a bit of designer's block. I was afraid that I would not be able to produce a design that would work with Frances' blueprint or live up to what she had envisioned.

Frances' Blueprint - Part 1


Frances' Blueprint - Part 2


After a few sleepless nights, I was able to come up with a design that she liked. Here are photos of the finished product.
Front of the Invitation


Gocco'ed Envelope & Invitation Interior


Custom Map


Gocco'ed RSVP Envelope and RSVP Card

0 more coherent thought(s):

Post a Comment