1

A Return to Photography


As I have mentioned in a previous post, I was a photographer long before I was a graphic designer. I got my first SLR when I was 15. My first camera was a Canon Ftb that my father had purchased when I was born and kept in storage. I was a photographer for my high school and college newspapers. Pictures were my life. It feels as though I have every moment of my life captured on film or in pixels.

I had an a Nikon D70 and matching lenses that I was in love with. They were among my prized possessions. Rob brought it with him when he went to watch MotoGP at Laguna Seca in July 2006. It was all stolen from his tent. I was crushed. I took it as a sign that I wasn't meant to be a photographer anymore. I haven't taken a photograph in 2 years.

Don't get me wrong. I do take snapshots. This blog is filled with them. However, I have not taken a well-thought, composed photograph. In the last couple of months, I have thought about how much I miss photography. I have absolutely no desire to photograph anything professionally. I just want to take photos for me. I still have a [gasp!] film camera and am seriously considering using it. To help inspire myself, I played with polyvore.com. Below is my dream setup.

1 more coherent thought(s):

MissJordyPants said...

ohhhh so pretty! Come shoot with me!

Post a Comment