0

At last!

Sunday was Jeannette & Matt's wedding. It was gorgeous, funny and intimate. The day started a bit rough on our end. We got ready and was happily on our way out the door when Dottie decided to check out the bouquet I had made. She startled me and the bouquet when flying and landed blooms down. The bouquet was ruined. Luckily, the pin cushion proteas are fairly tough and I still had tons of roses to work with. I had to rearrange and rewire the whole shebang on the fly. It was a bit nerve-wracking. Not to mention, I was really trying not to be late. Sadly, I did not try hard enough.

Once we got there, we raced over to the Beverly Hills Civic Center where they were doing their "first look" photos. The ceremony started with out a hitch... sort of... Gavin their youngest decided that he didn't like Matt's boutonniere. At which point, he grabbed the flower out of Matt's boutonniere and threw it to the ground. He followed that up with a proclamation of "I want my legos". After Matt's stepmom helped calm Gavin down, the ceremony continued. It was short, but swee. One of the highlights was their officiant, Tiffany, crying tears of joy. Tiffany is good friend of theirs who has known them from the beginning of their relationship and seen all that they had to go through to get to this point.

The reception was colorful. They had gourmet passed h'ors deourves, top shelf open bar, a kids food buffet, and a candy buffet. The food was divine. I have to say that I took full advantage of their open bar. Strawberry Lemonade + Belvedere = a good time. Some of the funny highlights were a wedding guest wearing a chair sash as a shawl, another guest hitting on Rob and watching adults eat chicken fingers and french fries in lieu of Crab Cakes and Lobster Spring Rolls. We had a great time. This was the first wedding we've attended as a married couple and it was nice to be on the other side of the fence.

Congrats to Matt and Jeannette! We hope they have a wonderful time in Bali and can't wait to see them when they get back.

Here are some of my photos. I have a slideshow of all the photos I took.




Can you tell we enjoyed the open bar AND the cupcakes?


0 more coherent thought(s):

Post a Comment