1

How to gain 5lbs. in 4 days

Another thing that I love about going home is the food. I adore Southern food. I don't care what anyone says. You cannot find good Southern food in L.A. Everyone wants to make a gimmick out of it or water it down. Southern food is buttery, fatty and fried. No substitutions.

One of my first requests was Pollard's Chicken. They have amazing fried chicken. One of their specialties are puffs. Puffs are deep-fried doughy goodness that is eaten with honey. They are very similar to unglazed Krispy Kreme donuts.

Next on my list was barbecue. Pulled pork barbecue is another fave of mine. The only place I want it from is Pierce's Pitt Bar-B-Que. Pierce's is a family run establishment in Williamsburg. My sister graciously braved the hour plus drive to this little spot. Although, I think the nearby outlets was another reason for the trip. Their barbecue is sauced but not too heavily. The sauce is tangy with a slight sweetness.

No trip is complete without some kind of seafood dinner. My brother treated me to a shrimp dinner. This is a huge deal because my poor brother is allergic to shrimp. I promised not to fling shrimp shells at him in exchange for a dinner. It was soooo good. This seafood is so fresh. It was caught that morning.


Needless to say, I will be taking Dottie out for a couple of runs to offset all that I've eaten.

1 more coherent thought(s):

MissJordyPants said...

This post has further cemented the fact that I need to go home. Soon.

Post a Comment