2

Rob's Cooking - October Edition

Photo 3
Looking like a hot mess and playing with my food

Rob's been fairly busy this month. This means the gourmet meals at home have been few and far between. I have been left to fend for myself. {Throws self to the ground} Don't worry about me. I'll think of something.

Seriously, as much as I love my husband's cooking, it's a little too rich for me to eat on a day to day. Also add that his cuisine while delicious is not conducive to weight loss. He can eat his own cooking all day. Rob, like most men, has the metabolism of an army of hummingbirds. Contrary to popular belief, I can cook...palatable meals. I won't be cooking at the Emmy's, but it's good enough for me and when he's really tired edible enough for Rob.

Here are some of what he's prepared in the last couple of weeks. These weren't all cooked on the same day.

DSC_0770
Pork Tenderloin with Mandarin Orange & Cranberry Chutney
served with brown rice and yellow and green beans

CIMG1530
Crostini with Manchego Cheese, Spanish Dry Chorizo, and Sundried Tomatos

CIMG1529
Mediterranean Inspired Salad with Artichokes, Hearts of Palm, Roma Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives and Red Onions topped with Bulgarian Feta Cheese

CIMG1528
Bresola Rolls stuffed with Field Greens, Pine Nuts and Blue Cheese


This month also marks the first time Rob has participated in a food competition. He assisted his co-worker Cheryl in her entry to 4th Annual Smokin' in the Park in Viejas, California.

Cheryl is the owner of Auntie Shoe's Bodacious BBQ. Rob was her prep cook and assistant. Smokin' in the Park was a fairly large event. There were 52 teams in the competition. Auntie Shoe's Bodacious BBQ took 21st overall. They placed 9th out of 52 in the Ribs category. In order to have the perfect pieces for the judges to taste, they made A LOT of barbecue. A good portion of the leftovers came home with Rob. It was good, but I have to say that I won't be having any barbecue anytime soon. We had enough leftovers to last us a week and that's after we shared some with our neighbors and friends. There is such a thing as too much smoky goodness.

IMGP0010
Cheryl preps chicken for the judges

IMGP0014

IMGP0015
9th place ribs

IMGP0013
18th Place Chicken

Thanksgiving is coming up. So let's hope my personal chef will be available to cook our Thanksgiving dinner;)

2 more coherent thought(s):

Nina Sapphira said...

Yummy! This post makes me want to eat lunch again.

Mrs. Masters said...

You are one lucky lady!

Looks delish!

Post a Comment